Monday, September 9, 2013

Process and Product

My writing process started when my professor first told us that we had to write an essay about arguments.  The way my mind works is that I have ideas floating around and I need to find a topic that will cover all of my ideas. When I was looking for a commercial to write about, I was looking for a commercial that had a lot of different types of persuasion in it.  I didn't think I was going to find a commercial because all of the commercials I was watching only had a few types in it. Then I found the Dawn dish soap commercial.   This commercial was a good choice for me because I could relate to the college student that had to was the dishes and didn't want to change the dish water.  I really liked this commercial because it used ethos pathos and logos.  I know how to write about those three types of appeals because in AP English last year we would analyze how people would use those forms of writing.  I am glad we had to write our drafts before the due date because if we had not had to do that I still wouldn't have even started my essay.  I always wait until the last minute and that is a terrible characteristic to have. Also hearing my piers ideas on my paper helped me see the flaws of my writings which helped me a lot. I feel like this course will help my writing much more than my high school courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment